Our Minty Spring and Honey Sweet Gem Balm Lips not only make your lips super moist and soft, but they also have amazing healing benefits. Derived from all-natural ingredients from nature, there are no harmful side effects or nasty preservatives. You can be confident that when you use our Gem Balm Lips, you are giving your lips the non-toxic nourishment they need.
The main ingredient in Minty Spring Gem Balm Lips is peppermint essential oil, which is derived from the peppermint leaf, cultivated or found wild most commonly in Europe and North America.
Peppermint oil can be used topically and orally, or even used in foods for flavor. If used topically, peppermint oil must be diluted as it can be an irritant to the skin. When diluted properly, use peppermint oil in the following ways:
- antibacterial for burns and cuts,
- inflammation reducer,
- fungus prevention ( I use peppermint oil mixed with aloe vera gel and other essential oils to prevent fungus on the feet),
- soothe itchy skin,
- pain reducer - muscle, headaches, etc.,
- calm an upset stomach by smelling peppermint oil straight from the bottle or apply a small, diluted amount under the nose,
- use in tea form for nausea or digestive problems. Anthony William, The Medical Medium, recommends peppermint tea while pregnant to help with any stomach issue or morning sickness (only very minimally),
- and flavoring food and drinks.
*If using peppermint essential oil orally, make sure it is safe to consume.*
The honey we use in the Honey Sweet Gem Balm Lips is unfiltered raw wildflower honey.
What is the difference between raw and processed honey and why is it important? First of all, wildflower honey has naturally occurring anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that processed honey does not have that can boost the immune system. Raw honey is also more effective in healing infections and viruses, easing digestive issues, and preventing diseases.
Unfiltered raw honey is much more beneficial than processed honey. When honey is heated, filtered, and altered from its natural state from nature, it loses propolis and pollen which is the source benefit from the honey. Light filtration is okay and probably most commonly performed since it removes insects and natural debris. If possible, find unfiltered raw honey locally and consume at least a tablespoon a day, since this can ease any kind of seasonal allergies.
The benefits of honey are numerous! Here is a short excerpt on honey from Life-Changing Foods, by Anthony William,
“…bees collect from plant species far and wide, the fructose and glucose in honey are saturated with more than 200,000 undiscovered phytochemical compounds and agents, including pathogen-killers, phytochemicals that protect you from radiation damage, and anti-cancerous phytochemicals. When drawn into cancerous tumors and cysts, this last class of phytochemicals shut down the cancerous growth process – meaning that raw honey can stop cancer in its tracks.”
If that is not mind-blowing then I don’t know what is. So amazing!
The ingredients in Minty Spring and Honey Sweet Gem Balm Lips are chosen with care and intent. More than anything, we want to cultivate the healing benefits of nature into all products we create, and lip balms are no exception. Next time you use one of our Gem Balm Lips think of all of the wonderful healing benefits and the amazing self-care you have given yourself.
Interested in going non-toxic? Download our free non-toxic living guide with 5 actionable steps to start living non-toxic right now. PLUS over 100 of our favorite tried and trusted products to help get you on your way. Click here to download!
- Tags: Anthony William, Clean Beauty, Crystal Infusion, Essential Oils, Gem Balm Lips, Gemstone Infusion, Gemstones, Green Beauty, grounding essential oils, Healing, Honey, Intentional wellness, Intuitive Healing, Medical Medium, medicinal oils, Natural Ingredients, Non-Toxic, Non-Toxic Fragrance, Nurturing your Body, Peppermint Essential Oil, Plant-Based, Positive Intentions, Save the bees, Transitioning to non-toxic products